Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Sketchy Behavior, Part 5

2. Sketchy + wash (or, in this case, actually a tone, but I'm calling it a wash)
When I saw Monday's post, I decided that you couldn't really make out all the detail in the Sketchy + Wash look. So, here it is, a lot bigger. 

I think this makes it clearer why I'm leaning toward this look. For a simple character, it looks really nice. But now I've got to expand and see how this works with backgrounds, which might just need a different but similar treatment.

And, by the way, not to toot my own horn, but as this came to be, I started getting a classic Al Williamson vibe from it. Definitely something I like!

If you're not familiar with the light, clean lines of Al's work, you really owe it to yourself to go take a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment