Friday, January 3, 2020

Days Gone 22 - Cabin in the Woods (Blue)

One of the great things about being busy is that I've got a lot of great artwork to show for my past year. One of the not-so-great things is that I frequently neglect to post project updates.

So, yes, I've done a lot of work on Days Gone over the past year. Okay, not a lot, but some. And it's been pretty good. One thing that became apparent was that I needed to include more scenes with the dragon being wicked, so I started to create a scene showing the dragon attacking a village (or at least a farmhouse). And this is what I came up with – regarding the farmhouse in the woods, that is. As you can clearly see, the dragon is nowhere in sight.

At least not yet.

You see, as i created this scene, I kind liked how simple it was. No dragons, zombies or goblins. Just a cabin in the woods as a simple landscape. So, over the past two days, that's exactly what I created: this simple landscape in my signature blues and browns.

Fear not, fantasy fans, as I shall work on adding the dragon any day now.

© 2020 Mike Mitchell

Next Time: Another (long-overdue) update

No comments:

Post a Comment