Friday, May 30, 2014

Galaxy Prime Art 5: Sector Marshals

This was my first multi-ship image in the series I created for the Galaxy Prime RPG. Yeah, it's the same ship repeated over and over, but I actually did put four of them in this scene so I could get the angles right and convey a sense of perspective.

GP pg. 183, "Depending on which side of the law you live on, the sight of the
Sector Marshals is either a welcome sight, or if you're a pirate, it's time to pray
that your Q*Drive is faster than theirs.
I remember this one being a pain in the you-know-what because I was kept having to tweak the "exhaust" to get it just right. Plus, the cratered surface of the moon took a lot of work. I also recall that the surface texture of the ship's was problematic. It looked better in color than in b&w, so it took a little doing to get them to work in print. because of the problems I had with the surfaces, I didn't try for a strong retro look with this illustration. I let the lines stay smoother than usual and also let the highlights stay softer.

All in all, though, I liked the way it all turned out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment