Thursday, March 3, 2022

Retro Coloring - Red Sonja Attacks

 This is an illustration for a fanzine (in other words, this is for print and the "Anthems" is the name of the feature in the magazine.). This is my first serious attempt at using the KraftTone brushes from Vintage Texture Supply Co. These are a product that emulates old-fashioned comic book coloring techniques from the 1930s through the 1980s. A very nice set of tools, which are available for Clip Studio Paint, Photoshop, Procreate and the Affinity tools.

I used my standard workflow: I rendered the figures in Poser Pro 11 using the Comic Book Preview. I then took them into CSP for clean up, inking adjustment and coloring.

Figure is a customized Victoria 4.2 wearing the cool Red Sonja cosplay costume by the inimitable Terry McG. Hair is End of Summer Hair by goldtassel and Daz Originals.



Image © 2022 Mike Mitchell
Red Sonja TM 2022 by Red Sonja LLC

No comments:

Post a Comment