Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Gaming Mouse is VERY Useful in 3D

 Last year I wrote a quick review about my recent purchase of a gaming mouse to assist with my work: http://mikemitchellonline.blogspot.com/2020/08/tip-use-gaming-mouse-with-poser-and-daz.html

I was pretty new to the whole thing back then, but a year or so later and I must amend my report to say that this mouse is a fantastic addition to my toolkit. I'm extremely happy with it and now really can't see how I got along without it.

I never did get the hang of those marco buttons on the side, so I removed them. What turns out to be invaluable is the ability to change resolution (i.e. sensitivity) at the touch of a button. The allows me to make very fine adjustments to the dials in Poser.

The mouse has these possible settings:

More Hand Movement << 1200-2400-4800-6200-8000-12000 DPI  >> Less Hand Movement


I usually keep it on 4800, which has a nice feel and speed to it. But, when I need to move the dials to make minute light adjustments in Poser, I just press the button on top of the mouse and suddenly it takes a lot more motion to move things, which means I have a lot more control of the final outcome.




No comments:

Post a Comment