Monday, March 19, 2018

Random Barbarian Post

This year is just screaming by, and my new work schedule has really cut down on the time I have to allocate to art (let alone work on the Days Gone comic, which is progressing, but at a glacial pace).

Since I've been reading a lot of Conan comics and stories (specifically the b&w series, Savage Sword of Conan and the original REH stories), I decided to pick up the M4 Barbarian Warrior bundle over at Daz3D and take a very quick stab at creating an illustration. Total time was only about 2 hours, and as you can clearly see, this needs more clean-up and a better pose.

© 2018 Mike Mitchell

His hand was supposed to be resting on a doorway in a cave, dungeon or something like that. Never got around to it last night, and probably never will, as I think this was a fun diversion, but I don't see it being worth spending any more time on.

Hopefully next week I'll be able to get back to Days Gone and have something cool to share with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment