Friday, November 3, 2017

Days Gone 6 - Meet the Cast, pt 1

One of the reasons I'm tackling this story first is that it has all the elements needed to make it a sort of testing ground for my ability to use Poser and Manga Studio (Clip Studio Paint) in my workflow to create a comic story. Here's a few of the things that make this story an excellent test case (I mentioned this in an early blog: short story of 12 pages, 3 characters, 2 sets).

If you followed my tutorial on creating noir comics, you should already be familiar with one of the characters from my story: Nirona the fairy.

Nirona
© 2017 Mike Mitchell
She's a fun-n-flirty young lady prone to exaggerated movements and broad expressions. She is a LOT of fun to illustrate. Here are a few other shots of her for your consideration.

Nirona - Flirty
© 2017 Mike Mitchell

Nirona - Angry
© 2017 Mike Mitchell
These have both appeared previously in the tutorial; they were created as character studies with an emphasis on personality and emotion.

Here's an actual panel from the story.

Nirona - Put a Ring on It!
© 2017 Mike Mitchell
This included a ring that I created in Poser using a variety of primitive shapes on which to mount a gemstone that came from some package I had purchased previously.

NEXT TIME: Our Hero Makes an appearance

No comments:

Post a Comment