Friday, September 1, 2017

Tropical Storm Harvey

Floodwaters: Houston, Texas by Mike Mitchell
Based on a news photo, created with Akvis Sketch.

Very sorry for the delay in my blog updates. Tropical Storm Harvey hit the city with a force unlike anything I've seen in the 21 years I've lived here. And this from a guy whose home was destroyed in 2001 by Tropical Storm Allison and suffered severe damage to his home in 2008 from Hurricane Ike.

I've seen flooding in Houston before. It's sad to say, but it's part of life here in this part of Texas. But I've never seen it so widespread as this. And based on what I've heard from the lifelong residents (like my wife), no one else has, either.

I actually fared very well during this. Some property damage and my power was only out for a day.

We had stocked up before the storm, so we were well provisioned when the storm hit, and we rode it out in comfort until the very end when a tree knocked down the power to our house. Fortunately, we could go to my in-laws' house and chill there.

At any rate, I am taking a short break, but will start posting the rest of my Noir Comics tutorial next week.

In the meantime, if you can afford to, please give a small donation to the American Red Cross: www.redcross.org

No comments:

Post a Comment