Friday, July 3, 2009

Today is my 10th wedding anniversary

Wow. July 3, 1999. This time back then, I was soooooo nervous. I think Murphy was crashed over at Paul's house with Eric and they were actually out, around this time in the wee hours, hitting Wal-Mart to buy the stuff to "decorate" my car. I still owe them for that! At least Murph insisted on writing this on the side: "She got hers, tonight he'll get his!"

:-)

Our wedding was followed by a GREAT party. DJ. Keg of Shiner beer. Margarita machine. We all danced the night away! It was awesome! One smart thing we did was stay in town the next day so I could have brunch with my grandmother and family, visit with her folks, and take our time packing. Then we flew out the next day. Seeing everyone outside of the service and reception was nice, and I'm glad we did it.

As for the marriage itself? Without doubt, it was best danged thing I ever did.

Today I've got a few neat gifts for her, including one she only slightly suspects. I digitized our wedding videos and have put them on DVD. This will make it much easier for us to watch them, considering we retired our VHS player about two years ago. Right now our plans for the day are to enjoy some romantic time together. Then we plan to hit The Melting Pot restaurant for some fondue.

We definitely plan a nice, lazy day with each other, just enjoying each other's company.

No comments:

Post a Comment