Saturday, June 27, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I'm having a good birthday weekend. Friday my wife took me out to dinner at the restaurant of my choice (I chose Donarake's @ 1960 & Champion Forest). The food was great, and so were the two margaritas I had (with Sangria, of course).

Giftwise, Donna got me exactly what I wanted. The Shine On book that covers the history of my favorite beer, Shiner: http://www.amazon.com/Shine-100-Years-Shiner-Beer/dp/1933979208

She also got me the Star Trek Communicator Phaser two pack: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001DXFEJK
This is a very cool reproduction of the phaser and communicator from the original Star Trek series (and yes, the Mark I mini phaser detaches to form a separate unit!).

When I told her what I got, my sister asked, "Oh, you didn't get any Spock ears to wear with those?" Heh. To which my wife replied, "Of course not. He's Kirk."

All in all, a great weekend (and so was today -- we just stayed in and got a little romance going).

Incidentally, my birthday was June 26.

1 comment:

  1. Of course you got a little romance. You're Kirk.

    He always got the babes.

    Happy birthday, Mike!

    ReplyDelete