Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Comics Flashback: When Hostess Ads Attack, pt 3

 We're back for some fast fun, with a faster flashback! Here's another poor Hostess Fruit Pie ad that I butchered for the Snicker-Snack Fanzine APA. As you can see, I definitely continue the sophisticated, urbane humor initiated in the last instalment featuring Batman and his not-so-bashful Boy Wonder. This time we find our fleet-footed Barry Allen on the move...

Butchered Text © 2020 Mike Mitchell

I've got to admit; this one is tied with my first Batman as my favorite. I just loved the interactions between the three bad guys.

And here's the original:

From Sad Sack and the Sarge #140, Dec. 1979
© 1979 DC Comics

And yes, that footnote is right. This FLASH ad appeared in a Sad Sack Comic!

Stay tooned for more sugary-sweet parodies!

No comments:

Post a Comment