Saturday, August 15, 2020

TIP: Use a gaming mouse with Poser and Daz Studio

A "gaming mouse" is a useful tool for using Poser and Daz Studio, as well as Clip Studio Paint. 

My mouse has a feature on it that lets me adjust its sensitivity (i.e. dpi) with small buttons next to the track wheel. I normally keep it at 4800, which lets it whip around the screen at a nice speed that is pretty much synced to my hand movements. In other words, it moves at a nice speed and it's easy for me to track my mouse. At the max setting of 12,000 dpi, the mouse accelerates very rapidly so that a small movement on the mousepad will send the pointer on the screen zipping almost across the entire width of a 27-inch monitor.

BUT, when I need to be more precise (like just a few minutes ago when I was trying to get make some tiny adjustments to a camera placement in Poser), I can decrease the sensitivity of the mouse with two clicks and suddenly large mouse movements equal small movements on the screen. This enables me to get more precise results. All with the click of a few buttons right on the mouse. This is much easier than going to the Mouse settings in the Windows Control Panel.


This is the mouse I have, but there are lots of others available with similar features.


Below I'll link to the mouse I have (Win 10), but this one has features that it turns out I don't need (the replaceable side panels and macro-enabled buttons turned out to be something I just couldn't make myself fit into my workflow – in other words, I just couldn't get the hang of it). But the sensitivity settings are VERY easy to use and are very helpful.

Havit Gaming Mouse 12000 DPI Computer Ergonomic Wired Mice with 14 Programmable Buttons Interchangeable Side Plates (8 Buttons/ 8+6 Side Buttons), 2 Replaceable Right Plates for Laptop PC Gamer

No comments:

Post a Comment