Thursday, July 2, 2020

Why do I love comics?

The other day, someone on Facebook asked this question:

What is your philosophy? Why do you do comics? Whats your biggest motivator, and why do you choose the genre you do?


This is my reply:

I do not have a philosophy, but I love the medium because it is the perfect fusion of word and image. You can show things faster than you can describe them in a novel. Likewise, you can go deeper into thoughts than you can with film. A perfect comic book story cannot be told only with pictures or only with words: It takes both.

As for genre? I don't work in only one genre – that would be too limiting. I have too many stories to tell to be limited to just one.

I certainly could have gone on longer, but I didn't feel the need. I think I summed it up fairly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment